If you are in NYC on December 11th, you might want to include their next Greens event on your calendar.
The greens are a sub-group within the James Beard Foundation, originally put together for young 'foodies', it has developed into an 'it' party for young foodies in NYC.
The menu sounds fabulous and you get a chance to taste a bit from some of the up and coming chefs are NYC for a limited price!
For more information and to purchase tickets, go online to James Beard Foundation Greens Event Page.
Here is the menu that they emailed me (and isn't it interesting that only 2 restaurants have a website - what is it with the restaurant industry? They just haven't realized the value of the internet I guess):
- Saul Bolton, Saul, Brooklyn, Foie Gras Bon Bon with Toasted Hazelnut and Sauterne Jelly, Mini Veal Boudin Blanc with Pickled Cabbage, Sardine Escabeche
- Heather Carlucci-Rodriguez, Lassi, NYC, Kala Chana Somosas with Boondi Raita, Kofte Saag (lamb meatballs with spinach puree), Cardamom Custards
- Amanda Freitag, Sette Enoteca e Cucina, Brooklyn, Parmesan Fritters, Tuna Crostini, Pumpkin Ravolini, Swordfish Involtini
- Jordy Lavanderos, Secretes, NYC, Chestnut Soup Shot Topped with Celery Root Foam and Caramelized Celery/Jamon Serrano Nibs, Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli Stuffed with Smoke Shallots Puree, Orange/Ginger Duck Confit and Pickle Radish Brulee, Deconstructed Cheese Plate on Caramel Squares
- Julie Taras and Tasha Garcia, Little Giant, NYC, Peppadew Peppers with Marinated Goat Cheese, Chicken Liver Mousse and Fig Onion Compote, Peppermint Whoopie Pies
- Pichet Ong, Consulting Pastry Chef, Spice Market and 66 and future chef/owner P*ONG, NYC,Kabocha and Pear Walnut Crisp with Caramel Ice Cream, Banana Yogurt Cake with Chocolate Honey Buttercream
- Michael Waterhouse, Master Mixologist of Dylan Prime and Devin Tavern (coming soon), NYC, The Big Apple, HO-HO Collins, Tiramisu Cake-tail
Wines and Beer:
2004 Bottega Vinaia Pinot Grigio (Trentino, Italy)
2004 Grove Mill Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, NZ)
2004 Feudi di San Gregorio Falaghina (Campania, Italy)
2004 Navarro Correas Malbec (Mendoza, Argentina)
2003 Faustino VII Rioja (Rioja, Spain)
2003 Jean Luc Colombo Cotes du Rhones Les Forots (Rhone Valley, France)
Wines courtesy of Palm Bay Imports
Bass, Stella Artois, Leffe and Hoegaarden Beers