Don't cut treats completely out of your life because you want to be on a diet. Just replace your nightly ice cream ritual with some fruit - or even dress it up with a brulee torch.
- Pineapple, sliced in long strips (3-5 inches), 1/2 inch slices
- 2 Tablespoons of fine granulated sugar
- 1 cup of POM Juice
- Pour your pomegrante juice in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce by 3/4 until it reaches sauce consistancy. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Lay out pineapple slices on sided cookie sheet (you may want to cover it with foil if you are worried about removing the caramel later).
- Get your torch ready and sprinkle sugar, very lightly over 1 pineapple slice, then torch that slice, continue with sugar, then torch on remaining pineapples. Let caramel cool enough to handle.
- Place pineapple pieces on plate and drizzle pomegranate reduction over and around pineapple to serve.