A very popular appetizer that takes 2 seconds to prepare and has quite a punch of flavor with the smoky trout and sour granny smith apple.
Makes 10-20 (depending on how big you make them)
- Smoked Trout (1 small fish)
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- picked parsley leaves (for garnish)
- snipped chives (2 chives)
- 1 granny smith apple (quartered and thinly sliced on mandoline)
- 1 teaspoon of creme fraiche per bite (1 - 8oz. package of creme fraiche)
- crackers (light and plain in flavor - I enjoy these starr ridge crackers, specifically olive oil flavor - they are mild with a great olive oil after taste)
Pile cracker, a few slices of apple, a little piece of smoked trout, a dollop of creme friache, a pinch of lemon zest; topped with 1 inch snip of chives. Garnish plate with parsley leaves. You're done!