Starfruit & Pineapple Salad with Ginger-Pineapple Vinaigrette
Utilize the exotic fruits that are coming up from South America - fruit is always in season somewhere in the world and we are lucky enough to live near a whole foods that provides us with this stuff!
There is no acid (lemon juice, vinegar) in this vinaigrette, because there is enough acid in the pineapple juice and the pineapple chunks to take the place of it.
- 1 Medium Sized Star Fruit
- 1 Cup of Chopped Pineapple
- Danelion Greens
- 1 Tablespoon of Minced Ginger
- 1 Cup of Pineapple Juice (Not from a can - get a good bottle of juice with pineapple in it)
- 6 Tablespoons of Evoo (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Place pineapple juice in pot and bring to a boil. Let boil until reduced at least by 3/4, creating a syrup'y - sauce consistancy. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Chop ginger and add to cooled pineapple syrup.
- Whisk in extra virgin olive oil to pineapple syrup and your vinaigrette is done.
- Slice starfruit and combine with pineapple chunks.
- Clean Dandelion greens and watercress and combine.
- Toss greens and fruit in vinaigrette and serve.