Jumbo Lump crab meat makes everything good!
Green Bean and Jumbo Lump Maryland Crab Salad
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
- 3 handfulls of green beans
- 1 c. corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 c. peas, frozen
- 1/4 c. green onions, thinly sliced, green parts only
- 1 c. creme fraiche
- 1 T. parsley
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 c. evoo
- 2 T. chives, sliced
- Bring a pot to boil (with salt) to blanch the green beans. Once water is boiling, drop in green beans and leave for 1-2 minutes, until al dente and bright greens. Strain and shock (plunge into an ice bath).
- Combine green beans, corn, peas and green onions. Carefully fold in jumbo lump crab meat to keep meat from breaking up.
- Salt and pepper to taste and drizzle a little evoo over and around salad.
- In a blender, combine creme fraiche, parsley, lemon juice and evoo until emulsified.
- Zig-zag over crab salad when served and sprinkle chives over to enjoy!
As you can see by the picture, I didn't add green onions, the client I made this for, isn't a fan. So just torn up some basil and tossed it in to the salad.