8.20.2005

Mother & Child Reunion

Scrolling through Allrecipes.com, looking for some pseudo-south beach dishes for a client. Lauri Ann Randolph, a best selling author of low-carb cookbooks has a descriptive and what I find to be a graphic recipe listed: Mother & Child Reunion - (Chicken & Egg Salad).


This can't be as bad as I think it is initially right? No mega-low-carb book seller has a publicist that bad...


With further [Google] research, I learn that Lauri Ann Randolph may just be sending a shout-out to Paul Simon. His first solo single in 1972 was called "Mother & Child Reunion". A song apparently inspired after a meal he enjoyed at the 456 Restaurant in Chinatown, NYC. The dish Mother & Child Reunion containing chicken and eggs.


Urban Myth? Perhaps. But at one time I thought Lauri Ann Randolph was just another non-chef, getting some $$ off the low-carb craze. I think I'll think of her now as a "low-carb" outlet artist, inspired by Paul Simon, who in turn was inspired by the 456.

1 comment:

Libra said...

Hi Shanna. I'm desperately trying to get in touch with other 'single fathers'. Do you know of any sites, like this one 'single father' which might help me to do that? Many thanks.