8.07.2005

Recipe: Deconstructed Gazpacho

Deconstruction: A term used to describe a particular way of serving a dish. Rather the combing each ingredient to create the 'traditional' dish - each ingredient is served individually as a whole.

Get it? Let's apply it...

Example: Gazpacho vs. Deconstructed 'Gazpacho'

Gazpacho is an extremely popular dish. It is usually composed of onions, garlic, cucumbers, peppers, spices and/or vinegars and of course tomatoes...and it almost always (99%) blended completely or 80% of it is blended and the remaining 20% is diced and stirred into the soup.

Deconstructed 'Gazpacho' is one of my most popular salad recipes, people seem to love 'eating' a gazpacho salad, instead of slurping it up I guess!


Deconstructed 'Gazpacho' Salad (serves 1):
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1/4 c. spanish onion
  • 1/4 c. cucumber
  • 1/8 c. yellow pepper
  • 1/8 c. green pepper
  • 1 c. tomatoes
  • 1/4 c. chiffonade of basil
  • 3 T. chopped italian leave parsley
  • 1 T. Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1 T. Spicy V-8 Tomato Juice
  • 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
  1. Bruinoise garlic, onion, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and combine.
  2. Chop parsley and chiffonade basil and fold into veggies.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, salt and pepper, whisk. Then add V-8 (and tasbasco if you like it spicier!) and whisk in extra virgin olive.
  4. Gently toss salad with vinaigrette and enjoy. Some people like to just eat the salad as if, some people like to toss it with some spinach, mache or mixed greens.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm most interested in recipes that you can prepare a day in advance and just heat/cook up the next day. Anny suggestions?

Shanna said...

99% of the recipes I post are what I prepare, package and store in the fridge to be enjoyed by my clients in the next day or so:)