Get it? Let's apply it...
Example: Gazpacho vs. Deconstructed 'Gazpacho'
Gazpacho is an extremely popular dish. It is usually composed of onions, garlic, cucumbers, peppers, spices and/or vinegars and of course tomatoes...and it almost always (99%) blended completely or 80% of it is blended and the remaining 20% is diced and stirred into the soup.
Deconstructed 'Gazpacho' is one of my most popular salad recipes, people seem to love 'eating' a gazpacho salad, instead of slurping it up I guess!
Deconstructed 'Gazpacho' Salad (serves 1):
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 c. spanish onion
- 1/4 c. cucumber
- 1/8 c. yellow pepper
- 1/8 c. green pepper
- 1 c. tomatoes
- 1/4 c. chiffonade of basil
- 3 T. chopped italian leave parsley
- 1 T. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 T. Spicy V-8 Tomato Juice
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Bruinoise garlic, onion, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and combine.
- Chop parsley and chiffonade basil and fold into veggies.
- In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, salt and pepper, whisk. Then add V-8 (and tasbasco if you like it spicier!) and whisk in extra virgin olive.
- Gently toss salad with vinaigrette and enjoy. Some people like to just eat the salad as if, some people like to toss it with some spinach, mache or mixed greens.