Recipe - Mascarpone Stuffed Dates
- 6 Dates
- 6 Tablespoon of Mascarpone
- Salt and Pepper
- Chives, Chervil or even minced Candied Orange Peel for Garnish
- Using a pairing knife, cut half way through the date, from tip to tip.
- Pinch the ends of the date, so it opens up and you can easily remove the seed.
- Prepare piping tip in bag and fill with mascarpone.
- Fill dates from tip to tip with about 1 Tablespoon of Mascarpone per date.
- Snip chives into ½ inch pieces.
- Place chives on top of mascarpone, in an ‘X’ for garnish.
Other ideas for serving this?
- Use a piping tip to change the shape of the mascarpone in the date.
- De-seed dates, place in oven at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool enough for handling. Fill with mascarpone and serve slightly warm.
- Great as a petit four or on a cheese platter.