Getting on the fall dish wagon - the other day I made this amazing brioche bread pudding with sauteed veggies. It tasted so good, I came home from work and made it again for myself.
- 2 tablespoons of evoo
- 1/4 cup spanish onion, brunoise
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/8 cup sliced green onions
- 2 Tablespoons of sliced sage
- 1 Tablespoon of picked thyme
- 2 Tablespoons of roughly chopped oregano
- 1 lb. spinach, rinsed, blanched and squeezed of any excess water
- 3 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (I subsituted cream)
- A shake or two of tabasco
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups brioche, crust removed, diced
- 2 cups of white cheddar, shredded organic
- Preheat over to 325.
- Spray a 9x13 dish with non-stick spray.
- Saute onions in evoo until translucent.
Add red peppers until soft.
- Add corn until warmed through.
- Remove from heat and combine with herbs, let cool.
Combine egg, cream and tabasco and whisk until fluffly.
- Spread 1/2 bread into dish, then layer with half the spinach 1/3 sprinkle sauteed veggie mixture and 1/2 the cheese.
- Top with 1/2 the bread, then veggies, spinach and cheese.
- Slowly drizzle egg mixture over bread and veggies, making sure to start around the edges, move into the middle and running liquid over every piece of bread on top.
- Press your fingers in a few spots of the pudding to make sure bread is moist all the way through - if so - place in oven and bake for about an hour.